Search This Blog

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Nailtiques colour lacquers with protein

Finally, one of my wishes has come true; Nailtiques has launched their colour lacquers with proteins *joyous celebration dance*!!!


The collection consists of 16 classic colours from a creamy, sheer white for french tips to the deepest garnet black. All the colours contain the fantastic protein formula that Nailtiques are famous for.  The treatment range is my choice for the salon as I get results every time on me and my clients.  Often I recommend using the clear treatment lacquers as a base and top coat to feed the nail whilst wearing colour sandwiched between it.  However, other colour lacquers tend to inhibit the work of the proteins, which is not ideal.  Now I can recommend the treatment with the use of these new colours and boom you have a quadruple dose of proteins to keep your nails in tip-top condition (don't worry you can't overdo it!).

Formula - this was the most exciting element for me as I was concerned that it would not stand up to some of my favourite lacquers.  But, I was very pleasantly surprised to see they have obviously spent their time getting it right.  It is smooth, well pigmented and glossy. 

Brush - to my relief this has also been updated to be flat and wider than the original.  It's not quite as wide as the OPI brush though, which is good in my book to cater for all nail shapes and sizes. Don't get me wrong the original brush from Nailtiques is fine to use with clear lacquers, but colour not so much. The new one is lovely to work with and ensures an even coverage in about 3 strokes.  2 thin coats of colour are all you need to get a great finish with all these colours.  Remember to use a base and top coat for the best, long-lasting results.

Bottle - square-shaped and it fits nicely in the palm of my hand whilst I'm using it on clients.  The bottle is 10ml in size, so it's smaller than some, but a little goes a long way.  In order to keep the price in the same region as other premium brands with the addition of the proteins, I completely understand their reasoning around the size.  Each bottle is priced at £10.95 in the UK.

So, let me introduce you to the colours...all 16 of them!
[Applied with a base of 1 coat Nailtiques Formula 1, 2 thin colour coats, no top coat]

301 Geneva - a light silver, white more for use on tips, but of course, as I have shown below, it can be used as a block colour, or this would be great for nail art.


302 Vienna - a sheer, creamy off-white for use on the tips for the french manicure look.  I have put one coat of 303 San Tropez over this so you can see the french effect better. I love this as I am not a fan of Tippex white tips, I prefer the more natural look of this one.


303 San Tropez - a cream peachy, pink sheer nude great for french manicure or that healthy look.  This one is great for warm skin tones.


304 St. Croix - a cream sheer pink, again great for french or that healthy nail look.  This is great for cool skin tones.


305 Cairo - a cream terracotta beige which is a good neutral going into this Fall as it has a caramel tone to it, which is going to be hot for the second half of the year.


306 London - this is a dusky, brown pink with a subtle silver shimmer running through it.  This is my mum's favourite go-to kind of colour as it's quite a good neutral without being too brown or too pink. Sophisticated is what I think she would call it.


307 Monte Carlo - a cream rose pink, very lady like!


308 Rio - a cream hot pink.  I love this juicy, bright colour and not just for my toes!  It's summer in a bottle to me.


309 Tahiti - a cream pink/coral.  The following two are fairly similar, but this one is more of a pink tone.  310 is more orange/coral and 311 is more of a red/coral.  This is in fact my favourite of the collection at the moment.


310 Maui - as mentioned above this is a cream orange/coral which is quite bright, you will definitely get noticed in this.  308 to 311 are all what I would class as hot summer colours.


311 Shanghai - a cream red/coral.


312 Moscow - this is a cream, good old fashioned/traditional red.  It does have that blue undertone to it so great for cool skin tones.

313 Vegas - a rich red with gold shimmer running through it.  Very aptly named in my opinion and reminds me of Christmas time.


314 Tokyo - this is a cream deep blue-based red which reminds me of cranberry sauce because it has this almost jam-like look to it.  It is a bit more on the sheer side as you can probably see from the picture, but it does still have good coverage with 2 coats.  It is just a different look and I like it!


315 Milan - a plum/burgundy red with gold shimmer running through it.  This is my kind of Fall colour as it has a bit more drama to it.


And finally the last colour in the collection...

316 Havana - this is a cream red/brown black with a huge amount of gloss to it.  It is not surprising that Nailtiques opted for this kind of colour in the collection as it is a staple in every ones collection for Fall/Winter.


So, there we have it, all 16 brand new Nailtiques Protein Colour lacquers.  They were well worth the wait and the only difficulty I have now is choosing which colour to go for! 

Nailtiques will soon be bringing out a base coat (Base wear with Protein) and top coat (Quick Dry Top Shine) for this range, which will compliment the colour formula.  I'll keep you posted as to when these are available.


The collection is available at Hands & Feet Retreat - The Salon and will soon be available online at my web shop Hands & Feet Retreat - The Shop.  Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.